I am an Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science at the City University of Hong Kong. I received my Ph.D. degree from The Ohio State University supervised by Professor Zhiqiang Lin, Master's degree from the University of Florida, and Bachelor's degree from South China University of Technology. My primary research interests are on vulnerability discovery (in mobile apps, cloud, and IoT) and automated reverse engineering.
Eavesdropping Mobile App Activity via Radio Frequency Energy Harvesting
Tao Ni, Guohao Lan, Jia Zhang, Qingchuan Zhao, and Weitao Xu
USENIX-SEC 2023, Anaheim, CA, USA, Aug. 2023.
Uncovering User Interactions on Smartphones via Contactless Wireless Charging Side Channels
Tao Ni, Xiaokuan Zhang, Chaoshun Zuo, Jianfeng Li, Zhenyu Yan, Wubing Wang, Weitao Xu, Xiapu Luo, and Qingchuan Zhao
S&P 2023, San Francisco, CA, USA, May 2023.
FirmScope: Automatic Uncovering of Privilege-Escalation Vulnerabilitiesin Pre-Installed Apps in Android Firmware
Mohamed Elsabagh, Ryan Johnson, Angelos Stavrou, Chaoshun Zuo, Qingchuan Zhao, and Zhiqiang Lin
USENIX-SEC 2020, Santa Clara, CA, USA, August 2020.
Automatic Uncovering of Hidden Behaviors From Input Validation in Mobile Apps
Qingchuan Zhao, Chaoshun Zuo, Dolan-Gavitt Brendan, Giancarlo Pellegrino, Zhiqiang Lin
S&P 2020, San Francisco, CA, USA, May 2020.
Automated Cross-Platform Reverse Engineering of CAN Bus Commands from Mobile Apps
Haohuang Wen, Qingchuan Zhao, Qi Alfred Chen and Zhiqiang Lin
NDSS 2020, San Diego, CA, USA, Feb 2020.
Geo-locating Drivers: A Study of Sensitive Data Leakage in Ride-Hailing Services
Qingchuan Zhao, Chaoshun Zuo, Giancarlo Pellegrino, Zhiqiang Lin
NDSS 2019, San Diego, CA, USA, Feb 2019.
IoTFuzzer: Discovering Memory Corruptions in IoT Through App-based Fuzzing
Jiongyi Chen, Wenrui Diao, Qingchuan Zhao, Chaoshun Zuo, Zhiqiang Lin, XiaoFeng Wang, Wing Cheong Lau, Menghan Sun, Ronghai Yang, Kehuan Zhang
NDSS 2018, San Diego, CA, USA, Feb 2018.
AuthScope: Towards Automatic Discovery of Vulnerable Authorizations in Online Services
Chaoshun Zuo, Qingchuan Zhao, Zhiqiang Lin
CCS 2017, Dallas, Texas, USA, Oct 2017.
- Local organization co-chair: International Symposium on Research in Attacks, Intrusions and Defenses (RAID) 2023
- International Symposium on Research in Attacks, Intrusions and Defenses (RAID) 2023
- IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDSC) 2022-23
- EAI International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Networks (SecureComm) 2022-23
- ACM ASIA Conference on Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS) 2021
- International Conference on Information and Communications Security (ICICS) 2021-23
- IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC) 2020
- CS 4293: Topics in Cybersecurity Semester B, 2022-23
- CS 5294: Information Security Technology Management Semester A, 2022-23
- CS 4394: Information Security and Management Semester A, 2022-23
- CS 5293: Topics on Information Security Semester B, 2021-22
- CS 4293: Topics in Cybersecurity Semester B, 2021-22
- CS 4394: Information Security and Management Semester A, 2021-22